Free Legal Services for Patients
*The phone will be answered during business hours of 9:00am-5:00pm Monday – Friday.
Our services are free and confidential, patients will be contacted directly--phone number may appear as unknown to them. Referrals will be responded to based on urgency and on a first come, first served basis.
In addition to general civil legal matters, below are specific issue patients may be facing at this time that we can help with:
- Returning to work after a COVID-19 positive or presumptive diagnosis
- Advance planning for parents with young children, including health care workers
- Advocacy for shelter or OEM isolation beds for individuals with COVID-19 symptoms
- Advocate a return to their home, if a landlord is refusing a COVID patient to return to the home
- Visa extensions for immigrants who can’t travel back to their home countries
- Housing conditions that directly impact an individual’s health
- Upcoming court dates
- Upcoming hearings regarding benefits, immigration, Social Security, or other
- The need to recertify for benefits
- Immigration deadlines
- Concerns regarding home care or insurance coverage
- Sick pay, unemployment