NYLAG, and partner legal services providers and advocates, urge the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to act on our proposals aimed at providing assistance to our nation’s veterans during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Suspend Deadlines on VA Benefit Claims Until At Least 60 Days After Termination of the National Emergency
- Urgently Expedite Decisions on Claims and Benefits Involving Financial Hardship
- Change All In-Person VA Compensation & Pension Disability Examinations to Telehealth or Audio Examinations
- Extend Access to Housing Subsidies for Student Veterans Until At Least 60 Days After the Termination of the National Emergency
- Stop Debt Collection Activity Until At Least 60 Days After Termination of the National Emergency
- Provide Free Access to VA Healthcare for All Veterans, Regardless of Discharge Status, Experiencing Symptoms Consistent with COVID-19
The post Veterans Affairs Must Increase Action around Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeared first on New York Legal Assistance.